Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mommy's confused

Recently, I took Brianna to our pediatrician, Dr. Susan Smart, for her 5-year well check visit. While we were waiting in one of the rooms, Brianna was reading some of the books that are there for the kids to read. There is one book in particular that I've seen several times, so I gave it to Brianna to read. I think it's called, "About a boy named Beau." See, we have a friend that has a son named Beau that is the same age as Braden and I thought about getting this book for them because I thought it was just a story about a little boy that had that name. However, the first time I saw this book several visits ago, I realized that it was about a handicapped child, so I decided not to get it for them. Anyway, here is what happened when I gave the book to Brianna:

Brianna: "Mommy, this is Beau in my class!"
Me: "Oh, you mean you have this book in Mrs. Norris' class?"
Brianna: "No, this is Beau from my class."
Me: "That's right, you do have a friend in your class named Beau like in the book."
Brianna: "No, this IS Beau."
Me: (I'm now certain that she's confused) "You mean you have this book in your class and you have a friend named Beau like the boy's name in the book?"
Brianna: (getting irritated) "NO, Beau in my class has a brace on his leg, this is him."
Me: (I'm now thinking that's ironic that Brianna has a little boy in her class that has a brace on his leg and that has the same name as this boy. Wow, that's coincidental!)
Brianna: (She now turns over the book where their is a picture of the little boy) "See, Mommy, this is Beau in my class."


I then take the book from her and read the bio on the little boy and realize that this is the little boy in her class. It was funny to me because I was certain that she was confused because after all she's only 5 and I as a Mom know what I'm talking about. However, I soon realized that I was the confused one!

No comments:

Post a Comment