Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update on Brianna's wrist

After Robert took Brianna to the orthopaedic surgeon we found out that she fractured both the bones in her wrist. She had to wear her cast for about 7 weeks and for me it seemed like eternity. Because it was on her right arm she had a difficult time doing a lot of things, such as brushing her teeth, getting dressed, eating, etc. I rejoiced the day it came off; however, it took her almost four weeks to finally use her right arm without thinking about it. Out of habit, she would use her left arm even though it was more difficult to use because she's right handed. I am so thankful that everything healed well and I hope that was the last of our broken bones. Wishful thinking....

Below are a few pictures of her actual cast the night before she had it taken off. Robert took her to the doctor to have it removed and he said that was an experience. They use a saw to remove it and just the appearance of it frightened Brianna. She had a meltdown before they even started cutting it off even though the showed her on her hand that it wouldn't cut her if it touched her skin. Luckily, Robert said that once they cut half of it off she realized that everything was going to be okay and she settled down. Also, we did NOT save the cast. I can only imagine the smell that thing would have had.














No comments:

Post a Comment