Sunday, August 8, 2010

Class of 2023

Class of 2023?! To see that written seems so far away, but I know that it will be here in a blink of an eye and it will seem like today was just yesterday.

My Brianna "bear" is starting Kindergarten.

Although, many moms become sentimental and shed a few tears regarding this milestone, for me it's an exciting event. I don't even think I'll shed those notorious tears that so many moms describe on her BIG day. It may because Brianna is the middle one, but I don't think this is the reason why. Brianna has already attended pre-K for half day last year with this school, so I don't believe an entire day of school is going to be a big shock for her. In fact, I feel as though she is excited to be attending school for an entire day and to know that her big sister is somewhere in that building at the same time she is very neat to her.

To get ready for this momentous occasion, our church has a Kindergarten luncheon to get the little ones ready for the first year at school. Bailey's class was the first one they did this for, and even though I took her and remember everything about it...

I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE PICTURE FOR HERS! (This makes me sad. However, I'm sure there are many things that Bailey has pictures for that Brianna does not.)

That morning Brianna practiced getting dressed and ready for school and we headed to the church for her important lunch with Mommy. It was very precious to have this one-on-one time with her because with three kids it doesn't happen very often.

Here she is upon arrival at the church.


The first thing they had the kids work on was to get their church bags ready for big church. At our church once the kids are in Kinder, they are expected to sit with their parents during worship service. Because of this, these little ones need an activity bag to keep them busy or it makes for one VERY long hour.

Here she is getting her stuff assembled in her bag.


Getting our pencils nice and sharp.


Coloring and decorating her bag.


LUNCHTIME! The kids were told they need to pick out their own food because they will have to do this at school. They talked to them about making choices and wouldn't let the moms help at all!



They even had a special treat for each child made by a wonderful lady that goes to our church who makes delicious cakes and cookies. Check out Babycakes by Angie here.


The kids were "rushed" through their meal as though they were at school. Thirty minutes is not very long to these little ones who are used to taking their sweet precious time. Then, they lined up to throw away their food.


All in all, it was a successful day and a great experience for Brianna. Here's to the class of 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment