the end of lazy days of summer,
the end of my vacation,
the end of spending time with my kids,
the end of going to the pool,
the end of living life as a SAHM,
and the beginning of a school year with chaos and stress.
It's no secret that I would love to be a SAHM, but this is a distant dream for me and something I try not to dwell on too much. I try to stay positive and live in the now, because looking forward to a dream that is many years down the road means wishing away all these precious moments in time with my kids.
So, back to the first day of school...
For the girls, it's an exciting day. A chance to have something to do because you know how it is towards the end of summer. They are so bored and have nothing to do. If they only knew...
We have done all of our back to school shopping and have been anticipating this day for awhile now. It is finally here.
The girls are ready to see their friends from last year, as well as make new ones in their new class. Brianna is especially excited because her BFF, Ashlyn, is in her class. These girls have been friends since they were one, so it is very exciting that they get to spend their Kindergarten year together.
However, Braden doesn't know what to expect and just goes where I take him. This year, he will be going to a new sitter, so as can be expected I'm nervous for him. I'm not nervous that he won't be taken care of, but just nervous that this is a new place and he's not at home with his momma.
That morning was a little hectic, so I didn't have a chance to take pictures before we left the house.
Here's a quick shot I was able to capture with all three of them.
After dropping Braden off at the sitters, it was off to school for the girls.
Isn't this a precious moment?! I just hope they stay this close as they grow older.
Bailey and I took Brianna to her class first.
Here she is with Ashlyn.
After getting Brianna settled, I took Bailey to her class. I planned it this way because I wanted alone time with Bailey since she was being overshadowed by Brianna's momentous occasion. Also, I didn't want to embarrass her with everyone walking her to class. She allowed me to walk with her to the 2nd grade hallway, but from there she wanted to go the rest of the way ALONE. I understood and caught one last pic before saying goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment