Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow twice in one winter

Oh my goodness!! We had snow twice in one year! I can hardly believe it. I am still in Texas, RIGHT?!

What's even crazier is that we haven't had school for four days in a row. School was canceled Tuesday because of ice and then again on Wednesday because temps remained below freezing and there were patches of ice still on the road. Then, we started having rolling blackouts to conserve power. Not sure how effective this was when the temperature was in the 20s and trying to heat the house back up after having no power doesn't sound like we are conserving very much energy. Apparently, someone knows more than me.

Anyway, we were going on three days of no school and when we woke up Friday morning, THIS is what was waiting for us outside!!







It was so beautiful and I hated to let the kids mess it up, but since it can't last forever and this doesn't happen very often, I relented. Here they are ready to put footprints all over everything!


This snow wasn't like the snow in January, it was dry and powder like. No snowball fight or snow man to make this time.



However, we did get to make snow angels.

It's hard to see, but that is Brianna.

Then, Braden decided to step in it. Such a boy!!


Bailey making hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment