For 8½ years we have had one of these in the house.
Yesterday our family said good-bye to the crib. Now, in its in place we have a big boy bed.
Of course, everyone was excited because that means Braden is now a “big boy.” Everyone that is, except ME! Now don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for him.
When he climbed into the crib his first words were ‘WOW!’
How can I not be happy when he was so excited?!
However, this means an end to an era that I will never venture through again. No more babies. Not to say that I want anymore, but it still makes me sad that this stage in our life is over. I guess it’s time for this momma to let go and let her little boy grow up.
Luckily for us, we knew that he was going to be okay with the transition because while we were on our cruise, the kids stayed with my mom where he slept in a day bed.
Here he is getting ready for bed.
Sleep tight, my little one.
I have to say he did pretty well, other than the fact it took him two hours to settle down and FINALLY go to sleep. However, he never cried or got out of his bed, so no complaints here.
I love this boy!
I love this boy!
Now, if we could just get the potty training thing done, then I can officially call him a BIG BOY!
Sooo cute! Is this convertible from crib to bed, or did you just buy a bed with the same color of wood?
ReplyDeleteIt's a convertible bed. :)
ReplyDelete