Sunday, August 28, 2011

First day of school

We concluded our first week of school for the 2011-2012 school year and it was B-U-S-Y!  We had something going on every night, which made the week fly by!  I know things will settle down soon and we will all be used to our new schedule.

The girls were eager for school to start and see their friends.  Also, they were ecstatic about their teachers and couldn’t wait for the day to get here.  I, on the other hand, could have waited a few more weeks before summer ended.  The 100+ temps were are experiencing are a beating and it just doesn’t feel right that summer is over when we didn’t really get to enjoy being outside as much because of the heat.  However, I know that when June 1st arrives, I’ll be relieved that we started school when we did, because that will be summer of 2012 has arrived!!!

The girls eating a breakfast consisting of chocolate chip waffles, syrup, and chocolate milk.  Lots of sugar for the first day of school.



Four lunches packed for the day (one of them is mine).


All dressed up for the and ready for the first day of school.



Leaving Mom and Dad behind and anxious to get inside the building.


We took Brianna first and she has the same teacher that Bailey had in first grade, Mrs. Jordan.


Getting settled at her desk.


After saying our farewells to Brianna, we ventured over to the third grade hallway for Bailey. 
(Wasn’t she just born yesterday?!) 
Bailey doesn’t like to be the center of attention, so she asked that I not take pictures of her when I walked her into the classroom.  I know where she gets this from, so I graciously agreed to honor her request.  I knew she wanted be there, but she just didn’t want us to make a huge spectacle of her in front of everyone.  She’s always been the shy one.

However, she was okay with me taking this picture of her.



We said good-bye to Bailey and Daddy took Braden to the sitter while I headed off to my first day of school to meet my new students for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment