Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lake Murray State Park

We take an annual camping trip every Fall and usually go with families from our Sunday School class.  Traditionally, the trip has been the week of Thanksgiving and it is always way too cold for this city girl.  So, this year we decided to go earlier in the year and attended with our great friends,.

We left on a Friday afternoon and headed to a new location for us, Lake Murray State Park in Oklahoma.  By the time we arrived it was dark, so I didn’t take any pictures.  However, there was a campfire going, courtesy of our friends, and the kids ran around and played until bedtime while Robert set-up his tent.


Yes, I said his tent.  Our wonderful friends offered to let me and the kids stay in their travel trailer where it was nice and warm.  I have not had a good history of camping in the cold and pretty much have decided that I’m over tent camping.  However, Robert loves it, so I try to be a trouper for him, but this year I didn’t have to be!

The next day, the sun was warm and Robert complained that it was a little too warm for him.  However, no complaints from this lady, I will take the heat over the cold any day!

After breakfast, we went exploring and spent some time at the lake.



The kids tried to skip rocks.  Some need more practice than others…



Bailey went on her own adventure.

We headed to a nearby playground and Braden had been lagging behind, but took off running when we came across this little gem!

The little girls loved the swings.

A perfect slide for little man.

Apparently, she is overcoming her fear of heights.

After awhile, the kids were getting too hot, so we headed back to our campsite where we had some shade courtesy of some gorgeous trees.
The plan that night was to roast marshmallows and have smores after dinner.  However, Mother Nature did not cooperate.  We had a severe thunderstorm pass through our location, and was I grateful that our friends had a camper for us all to hang out in until the storm passed.  However, by then it was time for bed, so we had some disappointed little ones.
The next morning, it was time to load up and head home, but not before our traditional donut breakfast.  Although, we were able to snag a few warm breakfast burritos from our friends.

Do you love the hairbrush at the table??


No comments:

Post a Comment