I’m pretty sure a top three holiday for kids is Halloween. I mean all you have to do is dress-up (which some don’t even do that), go to the door, and people freely give you candy. How awesome is that?!
However, it’s one of my least favorite holidays as an adult. We end up with more candy than we need, it usually falls on a school night, and costumes are ridiculously overpriced! I’m not sure of the significance of Halloween being on the 31st, but it would be a lot more convenient to have it on the last Friday/Saturday of October. Gives parents, and kids, a chance to recover from a night of way too much sugar and not enough sleep!
I told my kids that this year we wouldn’t be buying costumes. We had plenty of dress-up clothing and they would have to be creative.
Here they are with the costumes they wore to our churches annual “Trunk or Treat.”
Brianna is a ballerina princess, Braden is himself as a soccer player, and Bailey had plans to wear this dress as a vampire. However, I didn’t think it would be appropriate for her to be a vampire at church, so we improvised as Princess Leia.
However, I just didn’t see this dress working as a vampire, so I broke down and bought Bailey a new costume. Here they are on Halloween night.
I had plans to go all out with make-up and such, but by the time I got off work, ate dinner, and got them dressed it was time to go. It probably worked out for the best anyway, because we would have been up later than we already were.
This year we went trick or treating with a bunch of friends, which made our night extra special.
I love how Braden is smiling, but not looking at the camera.
The kids had a blast and of course we had way TOO much candy, but isn't that what Halloween is all about?!
No comments:
Post a Comment