Sunday, November 27, 2011

An early birthday celebration

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the fact that the girls’ Nutcracker performance is on December 3rd this year, we decided to celebrate Robert’s and Brianna’s birthday early.  Brianna loved the idea because that meant she got all of her presents two weeks before her actual birthday!

We had a low-key celebration with just the family.  Robert grilled a pork tenderloin and Brianna requested that I make her macaroni and cheese from the box.  Of course, I added a few other things to make it an official meal.

After our bellies were stuffed, it was time to open presents.

This picture is priceless because she has NO IDEA what it is!

She opened this present and said, “Um, I think this present is for Daddy, not me.”  I guess if the color isn’t pink or purple, then it can’t be for her?!

Nana and Papa gave her a docking station for her new iPod.

She also received iTunes gift cards from Aunt Brittany, Aunt Teresa, and Uncle Randy, but her favorite present of the day…

The little boys were not interested in the gifts and this is how they were keeping themselves entertained…playing Angry Birds.

Then, it was Daddy’s turn for presents!  Of course, someone had to help.

Braden doesn’t look very impressed with gift cards.

I guess he’s excited…

I got him the box set of all six Star Wars movies on Blu-ray.  I didn’t get a very good picture because it’s completely out of focus.  However, I love how I captured him trying to push Braden out of the way.

Brianna requested a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for her birthday.

I hope all her wishes come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment