With summer ending, that marks the beginning of football/cheer season. This year we have two children participating in our local city league.
Brianna has decided that cheerleading is her thing and will no longer be taking ballet. ;( She has been taking tumbling lessons for almost a year and loves every aspect of the sport. She is starting her second season of cheer and we can definitely see her personality shining through in cheer!
Braden is starting his first season in football and lucky for this momma his age group does flag and not tackle. This season will definitely be an adventure and I can't wait to see how he does. Right now he's really enjoying it and is excited to go to practices, so we are very optimistic about the season.
In fact, both kids have been real troopers in this Texas heat of 100+ temperatures. Surprisingly, neither one has complained about the heat and always starts practice off with a smile. However, I'm looking forward to the fall and cooler temps.
Since Bailey isn't participating, she has to bring something to do for the two hours we are at practice three nights a week. Well, there's one thing this girls loves to do and it is to read. I love her passion of reading!
In other news, two out of three kids have decided that they don't want to sleep alone. Unfortunately, neither one of them wants to sleep with the other and both of them want to sleep with their big sister. It causes quite the dilemma at bedtime around here, especially since Bailey just wants to sleep alone.
Last week, Bailey had pity on them and agreed to let them both sleep in her room. They started off with Brianna in the bed with her and Braden on the floor in the sleeping bag.
Well, when I went to bed all three of them were sound asleep in Bailey's full size bed. Needless to say, I'm sure this won't be happening anytime soon. But for now, I'll enjoy this precious moment of all three of my babies.




No comments:
Post a Comment