Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Well, we finally had a holiday where Braden wasn't sick! HURRAY! I think it's the first one since Thanksgiving that he's been healthy. Needless to say, it's been a rough winter and I have welcomed the warmer weather with open arms. Our Easter celebrations actually began a little early with the girls because Thursday Bailey's school had an egg hunt. Which, by the way, when she came home there was an actual hard boiled egg in her basket. Now that's just gross! Who would send hard boiled eggs to school for the kids. I'm so glad that I found it that day instead of leaving it for a couple of days. The thought of that just makes me nauseous. On Friday, there was no school, but Brianna's daycare had an egg hunt. I sent the kids to school so that the "Easter Bunny" could complete his shopping and Brianna could participate in an egg hunt at her school. Both of the girls came home with more eggs and more candy. As if that wasn't enough, I took the girls to a birthday party on Saturday for one of our neighbors and there was ANOTHER egg hunt. Of course, Easter morning the Easter Bunny delivered his baskets with more eggs and candy for the girls. Braden just received camo Easter eggs, but with nothing in them, which he loved! We went to church and the service was wonderful. Since Robert and I are working the nursery, we haven't been to worship service in awhile and the message was powerful. After church it was off to my Mom's to spend time with the family. Oh, and there was more baskets of goodies for the kids and one last egg hunt. This time Braden was able to participate, which he enjoyed. He actually found three eggs on his own, but I had a hard time getting him to actually put them in his basket. We had a great time with my family at my mom's, but my nephew wasn't there so it just wasn't quite complete. However, we definitely enjoyed Braden's first Easter and had an inspiring, relaxing day. We didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because we were in a hurry before church to make it to the 8:00 service. Once at my Mom's the batteries in our camera died, but my sister did take some additional pictures for us.



Before heading to church:


Just arrived at my Mom's


Hi everyone!


It was very difficult to get Braden to look at the camera:

Braden and Robert:

Aren't we cute?!

CHEESE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment