Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Purple cast

Last night at dinner we were sitting at the table as a family talking about what exciting things happened that day. Bailey was telling us about her day at school and how she was excited to be having her Valentine's party the next day since school was cancelled on Friday because of the snow. When it was Brianna's turn to talk, this is what she had to say:

"Mommy, next time I break a bone I'm going to pick a purple cast. I've already had a pink one, so I need to have a purple one the next time, since that's my favorite color!"

Apparently, she doesn't remember the pain she went through and how she slept with a broken wrist all night before we took her to the doctor next day. She's also forgotten the fear she had that she was going to get shots and how the cast impaired her from doing normal activities!

All she can remember is that she had a cool pink cast and next time she wants a purple one. Only out of the mouth of a child.....

1 comment:

  1. What a planner she is :) Well, at least we know she can think ahead. Thank goodness we forget pain, or we would stop after 1 kid :) You should offer to let her come back to my house, climb on the bunkbed ladder and offer to push her off so she can get a purple one, I bet she'd remember pretty quick how much it hurt.

    ReplyDelete