Monday, March 22, 2010

My little man is 2!

I cannot believe Braden is two years old. His first year of life was bittersweet because he had all of his firsts, but he was sick SO much! However, his second year has gone by way too fast and he's no longer a "baby." He makes me sad in a way because he's my last and his sweet and cuddly baby personality is turning into a busy little boy.

We have been lucky this year with his illness and other than minor colds, he has been relatively healthy for an entire year. However, wouldn't you know that the week before his birthday party he come down with a horrible cold and ran a fever for three days! I was worried that we were going to have to cancel his birthday party!! Luckily, he turned around a day before and we were able to still have it.

I have been so excited about this party because he didn't really have a first birthday like the girls did since he was so sick. The girls both had their 2nd birthday at Chuck E Cheese, but we decided to wait one more year for him and just have his birthday party at our house. Braden has really enjoyed watching the movie Bolt, by Disney, so that is what I planned his party around. I really tried to make it creative and put a lot of time and effort into making it fun and exciting for him.

I went on-line and found invitations for his party and tried to get everything centered around Bolt or a dog theme for the party. We had hot dogs to eat, puppy chow for a snack, played Rhino bowling, and the pinata was in a shape of a dog bone with dog bone shaped candy inside!! I really enjoyed planning his party and he really seemed to enjoy it. The only thing that could have made this day better would have been if we could have gone outside, but when we woke up that morning it was snowing. Crazy Texas Weather!!









"Rhino" bowling....


Dog bone pinata (moved into the messy garage due to snow)


Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Braden,
Happy Birthday to you!!


Make a wish!

CAKE...





His new 4 wheeler from Mom and Dad




He LOVES trucks...


...and any toy that makes a lot of noise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment