Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Conclusion of 2009-2010 school year

Another school year has concluded. Where has the time gone?!

Bailey had Mrs. Jordan for 1st grade and her teacher told me on several occasions how Bailey held a special place in her heart. Mrs. Jordan was a strong Christian woman and Bailey loved having her as a teacher. At our first parent-teacher conference, her teacher told us how much she enjoyed Bailey and that our daughter was a sweet little girl, which of course we already knew! Bailey was always giving her compliments and hugs, which Mrs. Jordan loved. Bailey really blossomed this year and I attribute a LARGE part of this to her wonderful teacher. Unfortunately, Mrs. Jordan had surgery at the end of school year, so she wasn't able to be there for the end of year award ceremony. Bailey cried at school the day that her teacher told the class about this, so I made sure to get a picture of the two of them.



Brianna had Mrs. Norris for pre-K, which was exciting since Bailey had her last year in Kindergarten.



It made her first year in public school an easy transition for Robert and me, since we knew her teacher so well and loved her. I don't know what we're going to do next year without Mrs. Norris as a teacher in this family!! Pre-K had a family picnic, so Robert and I attended which made her one excited little girl.





After the picnic, her teacher assembled the entire class and gave them the students their certificate for completing Pre-K.



Brianna also received recognition for the only person in her Pre-K class to have perfect attendance. Mrs. Norris was having printing issues, so she wasn't able to give her the certificate that day.

1st grade had an awards assembly and so I was able to attend to see her get an award. Bailey also received Perfect Attendance awards for this school year! I couldn't be more proud of this because it was quite a different story then where we were a year ago with all the illness in our house.

Here is Bailey getting her award.



Bailey also read 360 minutes for the Read to Succeed program, so she received recognition for this as well as a ticket to Six Flags for the summer.



A couple of weeks after school let out, Mrs. Norris stopped by the house to give Brianna her Perfect Attendance certificate. I wanted to get a picture of both of the girls holding their certificates, so that is why this blog is a little late.

Here are the girls with their award! I couldn't be more proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment