Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She did it!

When Bailey turned 5 she wanted to get her ears pierced. Six months later we finally decided to take her to have this done. Brianna also wanted them done, and since we were a couple days shy of her birthday, I figured why not?

Bailey went first and cried hysterically from the pain. Unfortunately, Brianna was there to witness the entire event and immediately decided that she no longer wanted hers done. Brianna was so traumatized by the event that I honestly thought she was never going to have it done.

It has taken us a year and a half and on Father's Day this week she decided that she was ready. For fear of her changing her mind, I took her to the local Claire's the next day. It helped that she had a good friend, Ashlyn, that recently had her ears pierced and was able to convince her that it really wasn't that bad. After some lying on my part regarding the pain, she decided that it was time for her to be next.

When we arrived she kept asking if they were going to use the white gun, like they did with Bailey. I kept telling her that they would, but this gun wouldn't hurt and just be really loud in her ear.

I know I'm a horrible mother for lying, but I really wanted her to get her ears pierced.


She picked out the same earrings that Bailey and Ashlyn had for starters and was very excited. In fact, she was all smiles, but I kept waiting for the panic to take over. She brought along her Humpty and I promised her that she could sit in my lap while they did it. Also, it helped that when they brought out the infamous white gun that has caused so much agony in her life, they looked completely different than the ones that were used for Bailey.

I couldn't believe how perfectly this was working in my favor!

Here she is before the BIG event, and before she had to sit in my lap as promised.



Unfortunately, she did cry, but I expected that. However, it was nothing compared to the drama show put on by her sister when she had hers done.

Although, I shouldn't say too much, because I only had one ear done when I got my ears pierced. I went back a week later for the other one!!


Her tears were short and soon we were back to smiles and showing off our new ears.





I did have to do a little bribing before we left the house, just to make sure she would get it done, so I promised her a shake after we left Claire's.

Back to our usual self...



However, I needed one that shows the person that I see. Isn't she precious?!



However, she seemed to have a little too much excitement and didn't even enjoy her shake until we got home...




1 comment:

  1. Love it! She is a cutie pie :) That's funny she fell asleep in the car. So happy for her that she finally prepared herself to take that big step into the world of "big girls"

    ReplyDelete