Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In Memory of Teddie

It's funny how some people can touch your lives significantly in such a short amount of time.


There are three women that work in the baby room at the daycare where Braden and Brianna attend. They are all wonderful people, but when Teddie was working I seemed to connect with her on some level. I know that the other two ladies love have cared for my son just the same, but I felt as though Teddie was like a third grandmother to my son. Braden has a tough first year of life and she has rocked him many of times while he was sick waiting on me to come get him. I felt relieved in knowing that he was completely cared for while I was at work, which has been a huge struggle for me this year. For whatever reason, returning to work after having Braden has been the hardest of all three of my kids. Teddie had the biggest heart and was an amazing woman. Even the girls were eager to see Ms. Teddie in the afternoons when she was working to give her a hug and tell her about their day. I never really took the time to get to know her, but she connected with my family in a way she will never know.


Tragically, Teddie passed away Sunday, June 1, and she has left an impact on my family that will never be forgotten. Since I found out Monday morning, every time I think of Teddie and her family I become very emotional. She was 59 years old, which is a couple of years older than my mom, so it just shows you how precious life is and how things can change in an instant. I grieve for a family that I have never met because part of me feels like I've lost someone from my own family. She cared for my baby through a very difficult year and only wish I could have told her how grateful I was to her.


May you rest in peace Ms. Teddie.



No comments:

Post a Comment