Sunday, July 5, 2009
Independence Day
We had a wonderful day celebrating the 4th of July. We spent part of the day at a friend's house and had your typical Texas 4th of July food. They live on Lake Tawakoni and I loved it! I have always told Robert then we retire I want to live on a lake because it seems so peaceful and serene to me. I'm sure that part of it brings back memories of me visiting my grandparents at their lake house as a child, but the house we were at yesterday had the best patio to sit on and I actually enjoyed being outside. There were trees in their yard to block some of the sunlight so the girls were able to play in a yard without being roasted by the sun. Robert was even able to take the girls out on a boat and they swam around in the lake for a little bit while I stayed at the house for Braden to take his afternoon nap. It was so quiet and I enjoyed every minute of it! That night we went to Royse City and enjoyed a fireworks display that I have to say was rather enjoyable to be put on by such a small town. The fireworks started at 9:30 and all three kids did reasonably well for staying out so late. All in all I would say it was a pretty successful day complete with a family photo!!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great family photo! Wish we would have been at a lake house! :) We sat over on the west side of the MS to watch the fireworks. We hadn't been since the first year they had fireworks and it is quite impressive for such a small town and great with little ones who need to get home to bed not sit in traffic for an hour after the show! :)
ReplyDelete