Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trip to Georgia

We just made it back from our trip to Georgia to visit Robert's family and it went by way TOO fast!! We were there for an entire week, but it just seems that there's not enough time to visit and relax before it's time to come home. We spent part of the week with his dad and his side of the family and the second half of the week with his mom and her side of the family. After reviewing the pictures of our week, I have realized that Robert and I are not very good at remembering to take pictures. I love having family time and making memories and have the best intentions of taking pictures, but somehow things don't work out that way. For an entire week, we only have pictures from a couple of days and most of those were taken at a pool.


The trip there we drove in two days and Braden fussed pretty much the entire time. We left Friday evening and drove to Meridian where we got a hotel for the night. Braden ended up getting up at 1:15 and didn't go back to sleep until 4:15, which happened to be in the bed with Robert and me. We left the next morning and drove the rest of the way to his Dad's. Needless to say, we were very exhausted when we arrived. Luckily, a nice home cooked meal was waiting on us when we arrived. Braden went right to his Grandaddy and even enjoyed eating his dinner with him.


Braden still wasn't used to the pack and play we brought since he's never really slept in one before, so that night he slept with Robert and me, again! On Father's Day, we gave Robert a digital video recorder, which he was very excited about. The extended family came out to visit and it was an enjoyable day, but unfortunately, I have no pictures to show for it!!

The next day we went to the pool and the girls had a blast. Braden really needed a nap and wasn't cooperating, so we tried to put him in the pool. He didn't really care for the "baby" float, so most of his time spent in the pool was being held.



Eventually, he took a nice long nap in the house, which allowed the girls more time to play and Robert to relax!





After swimming, Robert took the girls to feed some horses while Braden finished taking his nap.


The next day we headed to his Mom's to spend the rest the week with her. We went to the pool again and Braden seemed to enjoy the pool more since he was back on his regular sleep schedule and not sleeping with Robert and me anymore. Bailey is really enjoying the pool and goes underwater, jumps in the pool, and is trying to figure out how to swim on her own. Brianna is still timid around the water, but eventually even she was dunking her head under the water.








While we were there, I was able to meet up with some friends from high school which was really exciting. We met for lunch and talked and reminisced about memories that we have.



While I had lunch with my friends, Robert took the kids with his Mom and grandparents to eat at the Varsity, which is a greasy restaurant native to Atlanta that he loves! He has to eat there every time we visit. Luckily, we remembered to get a few pictures with them while we were visiting to share.


Thursday night, Robert and I went out for a 10 year wedding anniversary to the Melting Pot. Again there is no picture to show for it, but we had a good time without any children. It was nice to be able to enjoy my food while it was still warm. Also, I was actually able to taste the food I was eating because I wasn't having to inhale it as quickly as possible.

Although, I do believe that the most exciting that occurred while on our trip is that Braden took his first steps! Of course, it happened while Robert and I were out to dinner, but it was neat that his Mom and sister were able to witness it.



All in all we had a great trip, but boy was I glad to get home and have everyone sleep in their own beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment