Even though I declared no birthday parties for my kids this year, I still wanted to have a family "party" with cake and presents for Bailey. I didn't want to do all of this at Olive Garden and since I knew that everyone was getting together on Mother's Day, I thought this would be a great time. Her three-year old cousin, Tyler, was a little confused by the second celebration. He didn't understand why Bailey was having TWO birthdays!
I let Bailey plan the meal and her menu consisted of:
Hamburgers
Hot dogs
Baked beans
French fries
Sweet and dill pickles
Fruit salad containing strawberries, grapes, and watermelon
After our BIG meal, Bailey opened all of her presents. There were A LOT of them!!
What a sweet girl!
Let the presents begin!
After going back and looking at these pictures, Bailey's facial expressions are hilarious in some of these picture. Well, to me, anyway. When taking the pictures I didn't pay attention to her animation, but after going back and editing them her smiles in some of these are too funny!
Bumblebee earrings
(she was very upset that earrings similar to these were stolen during our vacation last year and I was so excited when I found another pair)
Gift card to Justice
Tangled Wii game
Rain boots
Baby-Sitter club books
(I love that she is reading these because these were my favorite books when I was a kid. My mom kept my old books and now she's reading the same books I did!)
Nightgown
Bathing suit #1
Bathing suit #2
Flip-flops
This present was from Nana and Papa and even though we told her what it was (it's behind the bag in her hand), she had NO IDEA what it is.
Papa is explaining to her what this new "toy" is.
Now that she knows what a Kindle is, she's VERY excited!
(I'm VERY jealous!!)
New clothes from Aunt Brittany
Thanks, Aunt Teresa, for her Crystal Ballroom for Zhu Zhu Princess.
Here is my Miss Priss hanging out while Bailey opens her presents...
Baby brother even sat with Daddy and cousin, Tyler, without interfering.
I was impressed!
He's actually not upset in the above picture. He just wanted to be like Daddy.
He is a mess!!
After so many presents were opened, it was time for cake. Bailey wanted an ice cream cake this year, and I decided to make her own cake. Since we're trying to be frugal with birthdays this year and I knew that my family didn't need a fancy birthday cake that cost me a lot of money, I went with homemade. Papa helped with the decorating of the top of the cake and Bailey ate all of her piece, so I guess it was a hit.
Bailey also picked out the napkins and plates for the day.
Time to sing Happy Birthday, which her brother loves to do. Just don't sing it to him....
Happy Birthday, my sweet baby girl!
I hope all your wishes come true!



No comments:
Post a Comment