Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

Like many Americans, we went to a fireworks show to celebrate Independence Day.  It is something we do every year to honor our great country and everything it stands for.  We are grateful for our freedom and pay respect to those many men and women who fight for us to keep this freedom.  

This year it was just the five of us, so we spent the morning at the pool and then went home for everyone to get some rest before the festivities of the evening.  We ate a simple diner at home, stopped to get some ice cream for a special treat, and then headed to the park waiting on the show.  The girls played a few games of Old Maid with Daddy, which Brianna still needs to work on her game play a little more.

This little one sat in a trance watching cars go by.  Can you tell he didn't get a nap?

I know I take A LOT pictures of him, but he's just too cute!

Around 9:30 fireworks started and just as I had expected a certain someone jumped in my lap because they were "too loud."  I enjoyed the cuddle time, though.

Also, Daddy experimented with the camera in taking pictures of the fireworks, but let's just say that he needs a little more practice in working with the new camera.  

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment