I took the kids to see How to Train Your Dragon at the local movie theater this morning. They have summer specials where they play a new movie every week for $1, so it was well worth the $4 for us to beat the Texas heat and see a movie on the big screen.
The kids have seen the movie before and it was a huge hit with all three of them, so I knew this would be a perfect one for us to watch and to keep Braden engaged for the entire movie. Although, he did want to sit in my lap because he didn't care for the darkness of the theatre and when the movie started, he really didn't like the loud noises at first. However, after a minute, he got used to them and settled into my lap for some cuddle time with Mommy! At one point, he wanted to sit with Bailey, but that didn't last long and he was back in my lap. I'm not going to lie, my back started killing me at one point and some of my extremities were going numb from him. However, I wasn't about to put him down for two reasons:
1) He didn't wake up in the best mood (he's on summer schedule and the movie started at 9:30, so we had to book it to be on-time), so I was afraid if I made him get down that he would get very upset with me.
2) More importantly, he RARELY lets me hold and cuddle with him, so I was enjoying every minute of it! Yes, I was in pain and I was losing feeling in parts of my body, but it was worth it!
After the movie, we were going to have lunch with Daddy so I took the kids to the fountain next to the theatre to make a wish and throw a penny. Well, the girls made a wish, Braden just wanted to throw his penny as hard as he could in the water.
However, on the way to the fountain, Braden's loving sister decided to help him down the stairs. She held his hand and encouraged him every step of the way. He's been able to go up and down stairs for quite awhile, but I loved watching this interaction because he let his other sister help him for a change.
That's right, he let Brianna help him do something. I always say these two have a "love-hate" relationship because it seems that they love to hate each other most of the time. Their personalities are very similar and that seems to bring a lot of conflict between the two of them. Normally, the only way that Braden will let Brianna touch him is if they are tackling or wrestling with each other (which makes me crazy, by the way!). The fact that he let her help him do something AND let her hold his hand is BIG!
There's hope for these two!


No comments:
Post a Comment