Apparently, our front porch was very inviting and "homey" because a bird decided to make a nest there for her babies. So, we patiently waited for them to make their debut.
They were born during the day, but we didn't notice it until late in the evening after the kids had gone to bed.
As a side note, these pictures were taken with the "old" camera, so the NEXT post will have pictures with the "new" camera.
After I started taking pictures, the momma bird decided to get close to her babies, so I just took a couple more and decided to leave them be.
The next morning we told the kids that the babies were born, so they were eager to see them!
Mommy, birds!
Bailey wanted to get a closer look and squealed with delight.
One decided to say something to us. It was too cute!
A week later they were still in the nest, and we has quite a mess on our front porch. GROSS! I knew they were going to fly away soon, so I wanted to capture a picture of them.
Robert and I had an inside joke for the last few days that they were still in the nest because EVERY TIME we went outside, they would stare us down. It was like we were being watched all the time.
Eventually, they left the nest, but ironically they would come back at night to hangout and swoop down on us if we came outside. It was almost a danger zone on the front porch. I don't know much about birds, but I always thought that once they left the nest they were gone forever. Because of this, we didn't want to knock the nest down because the birds seemed to have created a home on our front porch. I figured that once they were gone for a couple of days, that it meant we were safe to get rid of the nest.
However, I think we missed our window of opportunity, because even though I don't see the babies anymore, I have noticed one momma bird hanging out in the nest. Not sure what she's doing, so this story may continue....









No comments:
Post a Comment