Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nothing but blue skies

Last night we took family pictures on the beach and it was an experience with someone terrified of the ocean.  We have A LOT of pictures that I need to go through and edit, so I will post those once we get back home and I have time to focus on them and a better internet connection.

This morning we woke up to blue skies and a sunny day!


However, it was a little humid, so the camera was acting up for the first few pictures and they are a little “cloudy.”

Bailey took her turn at surfing.




Brianna took her turn.



Braden stayed under the tent as usual.


Brianna and Ashlyn decided to dig up the sand to make their own castle.

They dug and dug.

However, they didn’t pick the best place.

Justin tried to convince Braden to come out and play with him.



Daddy looked for hermit crabs.


He found some!


The girls moved their location of digging and Justin joined in.


Daddy was showing Braden the hermit crabs. 
(Notice that we are getting Braden closer to the water.)


The girls joined Daddy in searching for hermit crabs.


The boys fed the seagulls.


All the hermit crabs we found.
Don’t worry no animals were harmed and they were all set free back in the ocean.


Braden decided to help Justin and played relatively close to the water.


The three girls were having a blast floating in the raft.
(Apparently they fell out a couple of times, but I missed it on camera.  I was too busy trying to get a picture of Braden in the water.)


Jesica tried to coax Braden closer and closer to the water by bringing him buckets of water to bring to Justin.


Braden and Justin are working hard.


Braden is getting closer….


 and closer…


That’s close enough!


He was really not sure about that water.


However, he did decide to go take a look at the hermit crabs.


Jesica brought him a bucket of water with seashells in it.


He’s taking the bucket from her,


noticing the water,


grabbing the bucket,


noticing the water again,


and then what you don’t see is him RUNNING with bucket and eventually dropping it on the ground.  It was so funny that I forgot to take a picture of it.
Oh well, maybe next year we will have better luck in getting him in the ocean.
However, I was finally able to get a picture of all three kids in front of the ocean since we weren’t so successful last night during family pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment