Saturday, June 25, 2011

Winding down

 As we wind down from our first full day of vacation, here are a few highlights from our evening.

Here is the view from our condo.


This is our gateway to the beach.


The condo has three-bedrooms and with four adults and six kids, it can make things a little cozy.  However, so far we are making it work and no major issues, yet.  I guess time will tell if we get tired of each other….:)
After naptime, it was time for dinner and our family is all about food. 

Here are our chefs for the evening.


While they cooked dinner, the kids played on the playground next to the grills.  It was comfortable outside and the playground was covered, so an added bonus!








After dinner, we were going to take the kids to the pool, but Bailey looked like she could fall asleep at any moment during dinner.  She is the only one that didn’t get a nap today and she was running low on fumes.  So, instead we hung out in the condo and the kids put on performance for the adults that was too cute.  

Well, the part that I saw anyway.  From all the food that I’ve eaten in the last 36 hours, I needed to burn some calories so I went out for a run/walk.  

 I am in week 6 of a 9 week program called couch to 5K and I am surprised in how well I have been doing with it.  In fact, I look forward to running and actually enjoy it.  I never thought I would feel that way about running.  

Our first full day of vacation is complete.  All of the kids went to bed at a decent hour tonight, and we are anxious for what tomorrow will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment