The girls took dance this year at Rowlett Dance Academy and we loved it. This was Bailey's second year of dance and Brianna's first year. I was able to get all of their dance classes scheduled on the same day; however, it meant sacrificing my Saturday mornings and not being able to sleep in on the weekends. Although, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I started to look forward to my Saturday mornings with them.
The studio still considers Kindergartners as "preschool," so Brianna took a 5-year old combo class that included ballet, tap, and a little bit of tumbling. However, Bailey is at a age where you can pick specific classes and I let her pick two this year. She picked ballet and a jazz/tap combo class. Needless to say, it's been a busy year for them.
After a fun and hardworking year, it was time for the girls to shine!
Brianna's dance recital was first and the opener was a Mommy/Daughter dance where we danced to I Hope you Dance by Lee Ann Womack. We rehearsed this dance MANY times, but on the day of the recital I have to admit that I teared up quite a bit waiting our turn to go on stage.
Here I am with my baby girl before we go backstage to get ready.
Here we are in the actual performance. Brianna LOVED every minute of it.
Luckily, that was the opener and then I could take my seat to enjoy the rest of the recital. Unfortunately, a sweet little boy was wanting his momma, so poor Daddy was dealing with that while we were dancing. From what I am told, he was fussy and crying very loud. Although, you couldn't hear any of it on stage. What can I say, this sweet boy LOVES his momma.
Brianna's tap dance was first and she is in the back row for the entire time, so we were only able to get two pictures of her during this dance. The rest of the time she was blocked by the other little girls doing their thing on stage.
Next up, was ballet. In this routine, the girls switch lines, so we have LOTS of pictures.
The finale was a routine with all the 5-year old and 4-year old classes. The routine ended with Brianna's class in the front row, so great photo opportunity!
After her performance, Daddy was there to give her flowers for a job well done.
The whole family came out to see Brianna perform as well as her BFF, Ashlyn, and her mom. However, I had ten minutes to get Bailey dressed in her costume and fed before her she had to go back stage to get ready for her recital. It was a little CRAZY getting all this accomplished, so I didn't take any pictures of our friends and family. Although, I made sure to get a picture of her with our beloved Papa.
Next up, was my precious Bailey. Like I said, things were hectic in trying to get her ready, so I forgot to take a picture with her ballet costume on. I wish I did because I didn't realize that the next time I would see her would be when the recital was completely over and she was in a different costume. Definitely a mental note to remember this for next year.
I love to watch Bailey dance ballet and this seems to be where she shines in dance. She is very delicate and this shows on the stage. Also, she's white like her momma, so she literally "shines" under the lights.
Our family and friends had to leave at this point, and as I said before I didn't realize that Bailey was going to stay backstage between her performances. Unfortunately, she didn't get to say good-bye and I couldn't get any pictures. :( However, they left their gifts and flowers for us to give to her when it was over. Also, now that Nana and Papa are gone, the nice camera left, too. Most of the pictures I have posted have been courtesy of them. My camera is slow and makes me CRAAAAZY! It doesn't focus in time and the quality is not very good with the lights the way they were. I am definitely asking for a new camera for my birthday.
Here's Bailey in her jazz routine that I probably know better than she does. We worked on this routine, as well as the tap, for hours at home. Needless to say, I hope she wants to continue with just ballet for now.
Then, her tap routine....
It was a long day, and I mean LONG day for us. We had to be there at 9:00 and when all the shows were over, it was around 5:15. I was exhausted and apparently not thinking very well because I didn't get a picture of Robert giving Bailey her flowers. At least I remembered to get a picture of her holding all of the flowers.
Looking back, the day was a success and hopefully the girls enjoyed it as much as we did getting to watch them. I know they loved going to dance because they were sad when it was all over. I love that they love to go and am very proud of them both!













No comments:
Post a Comment