Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's day weekend celebrations

We had a fun filled weekend of celebrating Father's day for two more important men in our family.

On Saturday, we celebrated the patriarch of our family, Papa.  Not only were we honoring him for Father's day, but we also were celebrating his 87th birthday.  




Papa is a VERY important person and what a great day it was to spend with him and show him how much we love him.  He is a wonderful Christian man who loves his family and shows us unconditional love.  He has been there for me and was there to give me away on my wedding day.  Now that I have kids he is known as, "Big Papa," since they have two Papa's.  We all love him so much and are blessed to have him in our lives.


Now, the best part....EATING THE CAKE!  Yum!!

Then, on Father's day, the kids were very excited to give their Daddy his presents.  In fact, the minute he woke up they were ready for him to open his presents.  

I had a card made for him on the Internet of pictures of the kids.


Brianna made him a tie at the end of the school year.


Bailey made him a box to keep all of his "stuff" in.  


Although, Braden didn't "make" him anything, I still had to get a picture of him. 


I also got Robert a present from the kids.  It's a watch that is water resistant so that he can wear it to the pool or to work.



He was very excited about ALL of his presents; however, the best surprise was when he declared that we needed to buy a new camera.  YIPEE!!  Who knew that I was going to get a present on Father's day?!  Well, sort of.  It seems that he is just, if not more, excited than me to get the new camera.

So, the next post I will be making will have pictures courtesy of the new camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment