Another school year is complete and it's hard to believe that I have a child going into 3rd grade! I can vividly remember finding out that I was pregnant with her, giving birth, her many firsts, and now she's going into 3rd grade.
How is this possible?!
(Yes, that's a rhetorical question)
Time needs to SLOW DOWN!!
Bailey had a wonderful year in 2nd grade and met new friends and really enjoyed her teacher. She has become quite the book worm and spends more time reading than playing or watching T.V. If you can't find her, then go to her room and she's on her bed reading a book. It definitely made her reading minutes for homework very easy to accomplish when she reads so much. I LOVE, LOVE that she enjoys reading and hope that this is a lifelong habit for her. She also was successful in her other classes this year and made straight A's. Needless to say, her dad and I are very proud of her and all the accomplishments she made this year. A the end of the school year, they had an awards assembly and the following are the awards that she received:
Perfect Attendance
A/B Honor Roll
Citizenship Award
She has received perfect attendance two years in a row and I just hope that we can continue this trend. She also received an award for participating in Destination Imagination.
Here are a few pictures I took during the awards assembly.

Bailey had Mrs. Carpenter for 2nd grade and she loved her. She was a wonderful teacher and is one of the main reasons why Bailey had a successful year and enjoyed it so much. I cannot thank her enough for enriching my daughter and preparing her for 3rd grade!





No comments:
Post a Comment