
Her teachers this year, Mrs. Cindy Biggerstaff and Mrs. Kristy Peek, were wonderful Christian woman that did an amazing job with these girls. They put a lot of time and effort into their responsibility and it really showed. I never knew exactly what Bailey was doing each Wednesday night, but I know she was having fun and doing things for the glory of God. The mission for GA's was:
Jesus became wiser and stronger. He also became more and more pleasing to God and to people. (Luke 2:52)
The girls learned the importance of getting mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially fit for missions work by learning about missions, praying for missions, giving to missions, doing missions, and participating in the work of the church. Each month there was a theme about the mission work they would be doing.
- September: Russian orphanage donation
- October: Military care packages
- November: Socks for Freedom Center Ministries
- December: Operation Christmas Child boxes, stocking stuffers for Helping Hands
- January: School supplies for Hope Refugees
- February: Haiti relief kit; food items to Benevolence Baptist Mission in Irving
- March: Deaf Ministry donation
- April: Soccer balls for Ghana mission trip, Salvation bracelets to Ghana
At the end of the school year, the church had an award recognition for the GA's that year and gave out badges for all the mission work that each girl had completed. Below is a list of the badges Bailey received.
- GA Badge
- Buffy Bookworm: completed the required reading
- Fit 4 God's Mission: attended kick off party in fall of 2009
- GA Chef: prepared a meal from another country
- International Mission Study: completed 30 minute mission study
- Learning Scripture: memorized selected scriptures about missions
- Lottie Moon: gave money and learned about Lottie Moon
- Mini Camp: attended Mini Camp
- North American Mission Study: completed 2.5 hour mission study
- Prayer Calendar: creatively presented the prayer calendar
- Mission Action: participated in 8 mission action projects for un-churched people
- Workbook Charm: completed 8 activities from their workbook
- Perfect Attendance: attended EVERY Wednesday night
- WIN Award: attended all the workbook nights



I'm so proud of the Christian that she is becoming. I know that we are raising her up in a Christian home, but that she still has to take responsibility for her actions and choices. She loves going to church and participating in all of these activities. I just pray that this continues and she continues in this path and becomes a strong Christian woman. I am so proud of her and the accomplishments that she made.
Proud of Bailey. I love GAs, RAs and Mission Friends as well as all the choir programs. I am so thankful for the great men and women at our church that take the time to invest in our kids. Wednesday nights are GREAT!
ReplyDeleteOh and by the way Angie, I think Bailey looks just like you in those last pictures.
I love our churches mission programs too! And it's the teachers that make it so great. With out them, my boys wouldn't ever want to go to church, they LOVE RA's. Congrats to Bailey for all of her hard work this year!
ReplyDelete