Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GT bound

I am so proud of Bailey! We found out that she was accepted into GT, Gifted and Talented, for the 2010-2011 school year. She is such a bright little girl and I'm excited about the opportunities she will have next year.

I know that she will be challenged, but she can definitely handle it. A lot of times I have felt she was wise beyond her years and acts a lot older than girls her age. She has been such an easy-going child from birth and caught on to things quickly. Since she has learned to read, playing with Barbies and watching television are no longer her favorite activities. When she is in room and has free time, she is always reading. Lately, we have found her in bed at night reading with a flashlight instead of sleeping. I love that she enjoys reading, but know that it's more than that that qualified her for GT. She questions EVERYTHING and always needs to understand why things are the way they are. She catches on to many concepts quickly and school has been something that comes natural to her. Obviously, this is something that she got from her mother. :D

I am so proud of her and what she has accomplished.

1 comment: